The final entry deadline for The 2011 (8th Annual) International Business Awards is Wednesday, June 8, so we thought we'd enumerate the 10 best reasons why you and your organization should submit nominations to the IBAs.
First off, the IBAs are the world's top business awards program, typically attracting entries from organizations in more than 40 nations. There are many different types of categories to choose from, including overall excellence awards, management awards, public relations awards, marketing awards, new product awards, IT awards, web site awards, and more.
The entry kit, with complete instructions on how to choose categories, prepare and submit entries, is available online.
So here are those 10 reasons why you should get it in gear and submit an entry or two to this year's International Business Awards:
1. Entering the IBAs is a cost-effective way to thank and honor your valued employees and to build or burnish your brand.
2. The entry fees are nominal compared to the publicity boon your firm can reap when you become a Distinguished Honoree medalist or a Stevie® winner.
3. Small organizations have just as much chance to win a Stevie as big companies do. Every year, household-name companies such as BT, Procter & Gamble, and Unilever are joined in the winners' circle by small and medium-size organizations that are still building their brands.
4. There are dozens of categories covering every aspect of work life, from management and finance, to marketing and public relations, to product development, customer service, and human resources.
5. If you’re an advertising agency, marketing consultancy or media production company, your work will be reviewed and honored by potential clients, not just your competitors, and there are many categories for ad campaigns, web sites and blogs, smartphone and tablet apps, annual reports, video productions, and other media.
6. Many of the world's top business executives will review your nominations during the judging process.
7. Honorees will be announced on July 11, so you'll know three months before the awards event what you've won.
8. When you win a Stevie Award you’ll get to make a 30-second acceptance speech…before an audience of 400+ executives from around the world…during an internationally-broadcast awards dinner…that will also be streamed worldwide over the Internet. This year's event will be a star-studded affair in Abu Dhabi, UAE on October 11.
9. The Stevie Award is 16 inches tall, is hand-cast and finished in 24-karat gold. Made by the same company that makes the Oscar, the Emmy, and other major awards, it is one of the world's most coveted prizes.
10. As an honoree you'll get a range of free tools that you can use to promote your award.
So, are you planning to enter the IBAs this year?