Shining a spotlight on women executives, entrepreneurs, and organizations run by women, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business announced the results of its 2013 competition on Friday, November 8.
The Stevie Awards for Women in Business is an international competition produced by the creators of the prestigious International Business Awards and American Business Awards. The Stevie is widely considered to be the world’s premier business award.
With more than 400 businesswomen and their guests in attendance, the awards were announced at a gala dinner at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City. Nations represented at the event include Australia, Canada, Germany, India, Italy, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the U.S.A. The presentations were broadcast live across the U.S.A. by the Business TalkRadio Network.
More than 1,200 nominations from organizations and individuals in 16 nations were submitted to the awards this year for consideration in categories including Entrepreneur of the Year, Executive of the Year, Most Innovative Company of the Year, and Best New Company of the Year, among others. More than 240 professionals around the world participated in the judging process to determine the Finalists and then the Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award placements.
For the first time, Grand Stevie Award trophies were presented to the five organizations that submitted the best body of entries to the competition, in their own names or in the names of one or more clients. The Grand Stevie Award winners are, in descending order:
- Melissa Sones Consulting, New York, NY U.S.A.
- Accenture, Chicago, IL U.S.A.
- Deborah Mitchell Heaven Health & Beauty Limited, Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
- VerticalResponse, San Francisco, CA U.S.A.
- Child’s Play Communications, New York, NY U.S.A.
Notable Gold Stevie Award winners from this year’s competition include:
- Karen Drexler, Founder and Executive Chair, CellScape Corp., Newark, CA U.S.A. - Female Entrepreneur of the Year – Consumer Services – Up to 2,500 Employees
- Giovanna Pozzi, VP Business Development and Energy Management, RTR Rete Rinnovabile, Rome, Italy- Female Executive of the Year – Business Products – Less Than 2,500 Employees
- Carolyn McCall, Founder & CEO, easyJet, Luton, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom - Female Executive of the Year in Europe, the Middle East & Africa
- Frieda Caplan, Founder, Frieda's Inc., Los Alamitos, CA, U.S.A. – Lifetime Achievement
- Jamila Suliman Khanji, Family Development Foundation, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates- Female Employee of the Year – Government or Non-Profit
- Procontent Sp. z.o.o., Warsaw, Poland and their campaign on behalf of Saxo Bank Poland- Communications or PR Campaign of the Year - Reputation/Brand Management
- RedBalloon, Sydney, Australia - Company of the Year – Consumer Products or Services
- Women Presidents’ Organization, New York, NY U.S.A.- Organization of the Year – Government or Non-Profit
- Eileen Martinson, CEO, Sparta Systems, Inc., Hamilton, NJ U.S.A. - Female Entrepreneur of the Year – Business Products – More Than 10 Employees
- She Takes on the World Inc., Kitchener, ON, Canada- Website of the Year
- Cenergy International, Houston, TX U.S.A.- Fastest Growing Company of the Year
- Pivot Communications, Salt Lake City, UT U.S.A. - Management Team of the Year – 10 or Less Employees
The 2013 Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award winners reflect a diverse group of large and small organizations from around the globe. Organizations that won more than one Gold Stevie Award include Accenture, Child’s Play Communications, Final Salute Inc., CVS Caremark, FCi Federal, Influence and Co., Laserfiche, other, Pivot Communications, TalkSession, Inc., and VerticalResponse.
For a complete list of Stevie Award winners and more information, visit www.StevieAwards.com/Women.
Entries for the 2014 edition of the awards will open next May. Join the mailing list to receive the entry kit by email as soon as it's available.
About the Stevie Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in five programs: The American Business Awards, the Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards, The International Business Awards, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, and the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about the Stevie Awards at www.stevieawards.com.