The Stevie Awards, the world's premier business awards, are looking to hire a Communications Manager. Interested, or know someone who might be?
Title: Communications Manager
Responsibilities / Approximate % of time
- Answering phone and email inquiries from entrants and potential entrants (30%)
- Soliciting, editing, writing, preparing, and publishing content for our weekly email newsletter, blog postings, and LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook page postings (20%)
- Managing day-to-day relationship with public relations agency (5%)
- Preparing and publishing web site updates (10%)
- Various administrative tasks such as awards fulfillment, mailings, and correspondence (10%)
- Working with art director, print broker, list suppliers, and mailhouses to design, prepare, and fulfill direct mailings and advertising campaigns (15%)
- Outbound telephone and email correspondence with entrants, potential entrants, sponsors, potential sponsors, and other constituents. (10%)
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of HTML and proficiency in an HTML editor such as Dreamweaver
- Experience in the use of online content management systems
- Expertise in the use of social media
- 1-4 years of experience in public relations and/or marketing
- Ability and willingness to travel when needed for awards programs and other reasons
- Ability to thrive in a small, fast-moving, flexible and casual work environment: requires creativity, adaptability, patience, ingenuity, initiative, and dedication to excellence.
Salary and benefits negotiable.
Office in Fairfax, Virginia but location TBD for the right candidate.
Email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.