As the entry deadline for The 2012 American Business Awards, the premier business awards program in the U.S.A., approaches on Wednesday, April 25, we wanted to provide you with several tips for submitting winning IT awards entries. (If you haven't already done so, request your entry kit here and you will receive it right away.)
To make the most out of your IT award entries, we suggest the following tips:
1. Review the corporate awards categories.
There are four award categories that are specifically labeled as information technology awards:
- Information Technology Department of the Year
- Information Technology Team of the Year
- Information Technology Executive of the Year
- Technical Professional of the Year (for non-executive technical professionals includes software developers, web developers, technical writers, etc.)
We have several other award categories that may be of interest to IT professionals including our app awards categories, live event awards categories, and website awards categories.
2. Review the entry submission criteria.
Information to be submitted online for these technology awards categories include:
- An essay of up to 500 words describing the nominee's accomplishments since January 1 2011
- A biography of the nominee or the leader of the nominated department or team of up to 100 words
- Optional (but highly recommended), a collection of supporting files and web addresses that you may upload to our server to support your entry and provide more background information to the judges
3. Download our 10 Tips for Winning Technology Awards tipsheet.
Our tipsheet will provide helpful tips and tools for making the most out of your entries
2012 ABA Finalists will be announced mid-May and the 10th Annual award winners will be announced at our tech awards ceremony in San Francisco on September 17th at the Julia Morgan Ballroom.
Receive instant ABA updates; join us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.