As the final entry deadline for The 2012 International Business Awards, the world's premier business awards competition, approaches on 27 June, we wanted to provide you with several tips for submitting winning IT awards entries. (If you haven't yet done so, you can request your entry kit here.)
To make the most out of your IT award entries, we suggest the following tips:
1. Review the corporate awards categories.
There are three award categories that are specifically labeled as information technology awards:
- Information Technology Department of the Year
- Information Technology Team of the Year
- Information Technology Executive of the Year
We have several other award categories that may be of interest to IT professionals including our website awards categories, app awards categories, video awards categories, and live event awards categories.
2. Review the entry submission criteria.
Information to be submitted online for these categories include:
- An essay of up to 500 words describing the nominee's accomplishments since January 1 2011
- A biography of the nominee or the leader of the nominated department or team of up to 100 words
- Optional (but highly recommended), a collection of supporting files and web addresses that you may upload to our server to support your entry and provide more background information to the judges
3. Download our 10 Tips for Winning Technology Awards tipsheet.
Our tipsheet will provide helpful tips and tools for making the most out of your entries
4. Review past winners' entries.
The 8th Annual International Business Awards were presented in October 2011 in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates. 2011 IT award honorees included Quality Systems, Inc., PetRays, and Abu Dhabi Police General Headquarters.
Winners of the competition will be celebrated at the ninth annual awards banquet on Monday, 15 October at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Seoul, South Korea.