8 Ways New Product Awards Winner Achieved International Success
iolo technologies of Los Angeles, CA USA won a Stevie® Award for Best New Product or Service of the Year in the new product awards categories of 2011 International Business Awards, the world's premier business awards program. (The final entry deadline for the 2012 IBAs is 27 June. All organizations and individuals worldwide are eligible to submit entries, request your entry kit today.) Here iolo technologies shares their best new product story.
Since its founding in 1998, iolo technologies has been producing award-winning software that repairs, optimizes, and protects Windows computers. With many proprietary technologies developed in house, iolo launched System Mechanic10, a performance software that continues to lead and re-define the critical PC tune-up software.
In 2010 alone, System Mechanic10:
1. Became available in 40 countries worldwide, for a 22 percent expansion rate in 2010 alone. It is now sold across South America and in more than 18,000 U.S. storefronts, including all major retailers such as Wal-Mart, Costco, Target, Best Buy, Office Depot, Staples.
2. Established and/or maintained #1 best-selling position in eight of those countries, including US, Canada, France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Spain. In 2010, System Mechanic’s share of the PC tune-up market in the U.S. numbered 85 percent and in Canada, 98 percent.
3. Introduced a Spanish version and quickly established #1 best-selling position in that country. iolo’s System Mechanic is now available in six languages, including English, Dutch, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
4. Grew its worldwide customer base from 30 to 36 million, for a 20 percent increase.
5. Introduced several significant new features. System Mechanic now includes:
- Industry-first, exclusive Program Accelerator and Tune-up Definitions
- Industry-first CRUDD Remover, an intelligent program removal tool
- Patented ActiveCare automatic maintenance technology
- Advanced Windows 7-focused technology and features
- The most robust and advanced registry tools
6. Secured a patent for its innovative and industry-first ActiveCare automatic maintenance technology in Jan 2011.
7. Won 28 major awards worldwide, including:
- PC Magazine, Product of the Year and Editors’ Choice
- Government Computer News, Reviewer’s Choice
- MicroMart (UK), Editor’s Choice
- Computer Active (UK), Buy It
- PC Advisor (UK), Product of the Year
- PC Actual (Spain), Recommended Product
- Micro Actuel (France), Editor’s Choice
- Winmag Pro Magazine (Netherlands), Editor’s Choice
- PC Magazine (Middle East), Editor’s Choice
8. Created significant green benefits for its users. 82 percent of US computers end up in landfills after only 30 months of use, mostly to make way for new technology.
iolo’s System Mechanic10 helps consumers and businesses alike use their aging computers for longer, minimizing computer frustrations, limiting time wasted because of computer delays and irresponsiveness, hardware replacements costs and e-waste. With iolo’s strong focus on customer satisfaction, quality products, and always-relevant technology, System Mechanic10 is poised to garner even more awards and happy customers in 2012.
About iolo technologies
Crowned the Fastest-Growing Company in the U.S. in 2010 and 2009 by American Business Awards, iolo technologies produces award-winning software that repairs, optimizes, and protects Windows computers. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Los Angeles, iolo technologies has presence in 40 countries and 6 languages, 36 million users worldwide, and hundreds of awards from industry analysts and media.