The Stevie® Awards, organizer of the world’s premier business awards programs, has issued the call for entries for its 2020 (17th annual) Stevie Awards for Women in Business. Entry kits and complete details on the competition are available at http://www.StevieAwards.com/Women.
The Stevie Awards for Women in Business honor the achievements of working women in more than 100 categories, including Entrepreneur of the Year, Executive of the Year, Mentor or Coach of the Year, Lifetime Achievement Award, Achievement in Equal Pay, Women Helping Women, Employee of the Year, Woman-Owned or -Run Company of the Year and Innovator of the Year. All female entrepreneurs, executives, employees, and the organizations they run, worldwide, are eligible to be nominated.
The submission requirements for all categories have been revised and simplified for 2020. Instead of a 650-word essay as in previous years, submissions now require answers to a set of questions, or a video submission up to five minutes in length.
The final entry deadline is August 19, and late entries will be accepted through September 16 with payment of a late fee. Winners will be announced on September 29, and the Gold, Silver, and Bronze Stevie winners will be celebrated at a virtual awards ceremony on December 9.
New this year are COVID-19 response awards categories for individuals, organizations, and marketing and PR. These categories do not have entry fees, but the $55/entry late fee will apply for entries submitted after August 19.
COVID-19 response categories include:
-Frontline Medical Hero of the Year-Education Hero of the Year
-Delivery Hero of the Year
-Public Service Hero of the Year
-Most Exemplary Employer
-Communications or PR Campaign of the Year - COVID-19-related Information
The Marketing and PR Campaign of the Year categories have been greatly expanded for 2020. Startup of the Year categories do not have entry fees as well as the categories for Government and Non-Profits.
The 2019 Gold, Silver, and Bronze Stevie Award winners reflected a diverse group of large and small organizations around the globe. Winners included, among others:
- Gail Becker, CEO, CAULIPOWER, Encino, CA USA
- Alia Koudsi, Key Account Certified International Specialist, DHL Express, United Arab Emirates
- Carolyn Tisch Blodgett, Senior VP and Head of Global Branding, Peloton, New York, NY USA
- Carolyn Aronson, CEO and Founder, It’s a 10, Coral Springs, FL USA
- Stephanie Wernick-Barker, President, Mondo, New York, NY USA
- Siti Choiriana, Consumer Service Director, PT. Telekom Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Oanh Phuong, Regional Head of Customer Support, HP Inc., Asia-Pacific and Japan
- Margarita Simkin, Co-Founder and Executive Chairwoman, INKAS® Armored Vehicle Manufacturing, Toronto, Canada
- Seda Kalyoncu, Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications, Turkish Airlines, Istanbul, Turkey
- Mejuri, Toronto, Canada
- Law on Earth, Brisbane, Australia
- Susan G. Komen, Chicago, IL USA
- Asian Venture Philanthropy Network, Singapore
The 2020 Stevie Awards for Women in Business will be judged by more than 200 leading professionals around the world, and nominees will have access to all the judges’ comments and suggestions about their nominations.