AECOM Technology Corporation of New York, NY, USA won a Stevie® Award for Communications Department of the Year in the PR awards categories of The 2011 American Business Awards, the premiere business awards program in the U.S.A. (Download your entry kit here for the 2012 ABAs and submit your entries by the April 25 final entry deadline.)
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. Faced with dramatic worldwide global growth, the communications awards winning department contributed to the company's success by taking on new initiatives including:
1. Rolling out a new, global rebranding effort – internally and externally.
AECOM fully rolled out its new global brand across all of its business lines and geographies through a comprehensive strategic communications plan. This included introduction of:
- Brand strategic workshops in Asia, Middle East, India, Europe and North America,
- iPad-friendly One e-publication,
- Inaugural online CSR report,
- Diversity and Inclusion podcast series, tailored by global geographies,
- Award-winning corporate video and best website, and
- AECOM industry whitepaper campaign, which received “Top Tweet” status on Twitter.
2. Coordinating the integration of seven new acquisitions.
AECOM acquired seven firms representing a combined $2 billion in annual revenue and over 7,000 employees. For each, the public relations awards winner coordinated:
- Global external and internal communications (translated welcome packets, welcome websites, etc.),
- Client outreach,
- Brand awareness education, and
- Organizational integration.
3. Developing crisis communications procedures related to the evacuation of staff from Libya.
With the most U.S. expatriate employees in Libya, the PR award winner led the crisis communications efforts in support of an evacuation of staff. These efforts included all communications associated with:
- The evacuation,
- Call center for families,
- Media relations,
- U.S. State Department, and
- U.K. Foreign Services office.
AECOM's communications department's efforts allowed the company to experience an:
- Increase in revenue by 10%,
- Increase in net income from continuing operations by 27%, and
- Increase in backlog of work by 55%.
The department also helped the company gain a total revenue of $8.1 billion during the 12 month period ending on Dec. 31, 2011.
About AECOM Technology Corporation
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. The company provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation, and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance, and sustain the world's built, natural, and social environments. With nearly 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM serves clients in 130 countries. To learn more information, visit www.aecom.com.