The entry deadline for The 2012 American Business Awards is fast approaching on Wednesday, March 28 and we'd like to help you showcase your organization's outreach through our PR awards categories. (Request your entry kit here for the 2012 ABAs, the premier business awards program in the U.S.A., and you'll receive it right away.)
Our public relations award categories include:
- Public Relations Agency of the Year
- Communications Department of the Year
- Communications Team of the Year
- Communications, Investor Relations, or PR Executive of the Year
- Communications Professional of the Year(for non-executive communications, PR, and IR professionals)
The PR award categories for Communications or PR Campaign/Program of the Year include:
- Community Relations
Campaigns/programs that aim to improve relations with communities in which the sponsoring organization has an interest, need or opportunity.
- Crisis Communications
Campaigns/programs undertaken to deal with an unplanned event and requiring immediate response.
- Global Issues
Campaigns/programs that demonstrate effective global communications implemented in at least two countries, one of which must be the United States.
- Internal Communications
Campaigns/programs undertaken to inform or educate an internal audience, such as employees or members.
- Investor Relations
Campaigns/programs undertaken to communicate information to a company's investors and the investment community and/or to manage the company's relationship with investors.
- Issues Management
Campaigns/programs undertaken to deal with issues that could extraordinarily affect ongoing business strategy.
- Low Budget (under $10,000)
Campaigns/programs that cost no more than $10,000 to plan and implement.
- Marketing – Business to Business
Campaigns/programs designed to introduce new products or promote existing products or services to a business audience.
- Marketing – Consumer Products
Campaigns/programs designed to introduce new products or promote existing products to a consumer audience.
- Marketing – Consumer Services
Campaigns/programs designed to introduce new services or promote existing services to a consumer audience.
Campaigns/programs specifically targeted to a cultural group.
- Reputation/Brand Management
Campaigns/programs designed to enhance, promote or improve the reputation of an organization with its publics or key elements of its publics.
- Public Affairs
Campaigns/programs specifically designed to influence public policy and/or affect legislation, regulations, political activities or candidacies.
- Public Service
Campaigns/programs that advance public understanding of societal issues, problems or concerns.
- Social Media Focused
Campaigns/programs designed to be implemented primarily through online social media.
Your public relations awards entries should include the following information:
- An essay of up to 500 words describing the nominee's achievements since January 1 2011
- A biography of the nominee or the leader of the nominated company, department or team of up to 100 words
- Optional (but highly recommended), a collection of supporting files and web addresses that you may upload to our server to support your entry and provide more background information to the judges
There are a number of other communication awards categories that should be of interest to communications professionals, including many of the:
- Corporate literature awards
- Annual report awards
- Website awards
- Video awards
- Live event awards categories
Need help choosing the right categories? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll direct you to categories that will showcase your organization.