10th Annual American Business Awards Announces Winners in New Product and Technology Categories
Apple, Cisco, PayPal, VerticalResponse Among Winners of Gold Stevie Awards
SAN FRANCISCO, CA, September 18, 2012 – The 10th Annual American Business AwardsSM announced Stevie® Award winners last night at its first event to focus on outstanding new products and services and on achievements in technology industries.
For the first time, The American Business Awards were presented at two awards ceremonies this year. The first ceremony took place in New York City on June 18 and honored winners in categories such as customer service, human resources, corporate communications, live events, publications, and selected categories for company/organization, management and marketing. Winners in all new product and technology-related categories were announced at a new event in San Francisco last night.
The American Business Awards honors an all-inclusive spectrum of American business people and organizations -- from non-profits, emerging start-ups, major public companies and government agencies, to corner-office executives, product developers, marketers and web development teams.
More than 250 executives attended last night’s awards banquet at San Francisco’s Julia Morgan Ballroom. Stevie Awards were conferred in three levels of distinction: Gold, Silver and Bronze.
Notable Gold Stevie Award Winners announced last night include:
- New Telecommunications Product of the Year: ADTRAN’s Virtual Wireless LAN (vWLAN®) Solution
- Company of the Year - Computer Hardware: Apple Inc.
- New Cloud Application/Service of the Year: Carbonite Business and Business Premier
- Best Online Press Room: Cisco's Technology News Site
- Computer Software Website of the Year: HubSpot’s Marketing Grader
- Company of the Year - Internet/New Media: IAC/InterActiveCorp
- Tech Innovation of the Year: Life Technologies’ Ion Torrent semiconductor sequencing technology
- Tech Innovator of the Year: David Marcus, President, PayPal, Inc.
- Executive of the Year - Computer Services: Steven T. Plochocki, CEO, Quality Systems, Inc.
- Most Innovative Tech Company of the Year - Up to 2,500 Employees: FireEye, Inc. and Unity Technologies, Inc.
- Fastest Growing Tech Company of the Year - Up to 2,500 Employees: YouSendIt
VerticalResponse won three Gold Stevie Awards, more than any other organization last night. Winners of two Gold Stevie Awards are Acquity Group, Brainshark, Inc., Citrix, DRC, FireEye, Inc., LifeLock, Qualcomm Incorporated, Terralever, and ZAGG Inc.
The ABA’s 2012 Difference Maker Award, an honorary Stevie Award, was presented to LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman.
Winners of the People’s Choice Stevie Awards for Favorite New Products, which were determined by more than 98,000 votes in July and August, were announced last week and presented their crystal People’s Choice Stevie Awards last night.
More than 3,000 entries were submitted to The 2012 American Business Awards and more than 270 executives nationwide participated in judging to determine this year’s Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award winners.
For a complete list of The 2012 American Business Awards winners announced last night visit: www.StevieAwards.com/ABA.
Next week the Stevie Awards will announce its Best of the ABA prizes, which will be awarded to the organizations with the best overall showing across all categories in The 2012 American Business Awards.
About the Stevie® Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in four programs: The American Business Awards, The International Business Awards, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, and the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about the Stevie Awards at www.StevieAwards.com, and follow the Stevie Awards on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
Sponsors and partners of The 2012 American Business Awards include American Support, Business TalkRadio Network, CallidusCloud, Citrix Online, Dynamic Research Corporation, iolo technologies, John Hancock Funds, LifeLock, PetRays, Primus Telecommunications Group, SoftPro, and VerticalResponse.