The IPRA Golden World Awards for Excellence: the world’s most prestigious international PR awards program, is delighted to announce a total of 50 winners for 2015.
Eighteen final judges from nations such as Peru, South Africa, the Philippines and Ghana converged on the English countryside on June 5 to select Golden World Award winners. After hours of deliberation, 50 winners emerged. In four cases there were tied entries in a single category, so the joint winners were named as GWA winners.
“This year the competition was fierce with an impressively high standard of entries,” explains Amybel Sánchez de Walther, IPRA’s President: "the judges were sometimes struggling to select a single winner."
The prestigious Grand Prix was also chosen during the judging session. It will be announced at the Golden World Award Gala Dinner in Johannesburg on September 28 as part of IPRA's World Congress. Winners are rushing now to ensure their seats at the Gala dinner: www.ipra.org/congress
The organization taking home the most IPRA Golden World Awards this year is Weber Shandwick, with seven awards. Dentsu Young & Rubicam Inc. and Dentsu Public Relations Inc. won three GWAs, while Burson-Marsteller, MSLGROUP, and navos - Public Dialogue Consultants won two.
Some noteable GWA winners include:
- Corporate communications - Agency - Lansons, Lansons for The Co-operative Bank: Stabilisation and fightback
- Technology - Agency - SAROTA PR, #IAmAGamer
- Social Media for PR - Agency - MSLGROUP, Always #LikeAGirl: Turning an Insult into a Confidence Movement
- Sponsorship - Inhouse - ANZ New Zealand, Painting life back into a mature sponsorship: The ANZ Daffodil Day Art Auction
- Corporate communications - Inhouse - Spark New Zealand, From Telecom to Spark - rebranding one of New Zealand's best known companies
- Public affairs - Agency - LEWIATAN and GENESIS PR POLAND, Amending the Public Procurement Act a campaign to raise employment and facilitate business through regulatory change
- International PR campaign - Inhouse - Bacardi Limited, Good Spirited: Building a Sustainable Future
The IPRA Golden World Awards for Excellence offer world-wide recognition and acclaim to world-class public relations programs. The 2015 GWA are managed on behalf of IPRA by the Stevie® Awards, which organizes the world’s premier business awards programs including The International Business Awards and The American Business Awards. Questions about IPRA’s Golden World Awards may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.