Video clips of this year's Stevie Awards for Women in Business presentations are now up on the Stevie's YouTube channel. The presentations took place on November 12 at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York. Women at this event always give the best acceptance speeches, but I think these were the best five this year:
1. Amanda Welliver of Paradigm Esteem, winner of the Stevie for Best Canadian Entrepreneur, brings the crowd to its feet - a rare occurrence - with the story of her obstacles overcome
2. Ruth Elliott of R&J Elliott Incorporated, winner of a Best Entrepreneur Stevie, tells in all of about 30 seconds of going from poverty to riches in just a few years
3. Ann Kaplan of Toronto's Medicard Finance, a Finalist in several categories including Best Entrepreneur, offers a backhanded...er, compliment...to her mother-in-law
4. Rebecca Fishman Lipsey of Teach for America, a Best Executive Stevie winner, offers the evening's most thoughtful speech
5. Anne Walker of International Dance Supplies in the UK, winner of this year's Stevie for Best Entrepreneur in EMEA, gave a lovely tribute to the power of ambition
Which are your favorite speeches? View them all on YouTube.