World's Top Honors for Women Entrepreneurs, Executives, Employees and the Organizations They Run Were Presented in New York Before More than 400 Accomplished Women From Around the World
Shining a spotlight on women executives, entrepreneurs, and organizations run by women, the Stevie® Awards for Women in Business announced the results of its 2014 competition on Friday, November 14.
The Stevie Awards for Women in Business is an international competition produced by the creators of the prestigious International Business Awards and American Business Awards. The Stevie is widely considered to be the world’s premier business award.
With more than 400 businesswomen and their guests in attendance, the awards were announced at a gala dinner at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City. Nations represented at the event include Australia, Bulgaria, Canada, India, Israel, Japan, Lebanon, the Philippines, South Africa, Spain, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the U.S.A. and Venezuela. The presentations were broadcast live across the U.S.A. by Biz Talk Radio.
More than 1,200 nominations from organizations and individuals in 22 nations were submitted to the awards this year for consideration in categories including Entrepreneur of the Year, Executive of the Year, Most Innovative Company of the Year, and Best New Company of the Year, among others. More than 160 professionals around the world participated in the judging process to determine the Finalists and then the Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award placements.
Grand Stevie Award trophies were presented to the seven organizations that submitted the best body of entries to the competition, in their own names or in the names of one or more clients. Winners were determined by the number of Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Awards won in the competition. The Grand Stevie Award winners are:
- Accenture, Chicago, IL U.SA. (#1)
- NEI Global Relocation, Omaha, NE U.S.A. (#2 – tie)
- iFinance Canada, Toronto, ON Canada (#2)
- Nerium International, Addison, TX U.S.A. (#4)
- MWW, East Rutherford, NJ U.S.A. (#5 – tie)
- Jeunesse Global, Orlando, FL U.S.A. (#5)
- LLORENTE & CUENCA, Madrid, Spain (#5)
Notable Gold Stevie Award winners from this year’s competition include:
- Century 21 Real Estate, LLC, Boston, MA U.S.A. - Social Media Focused Campaign of the Year
- Michelle Dennedy, VP and Chief Privacy Officer with McAfee, Redwood City, CA U.S.A. - Woman of the Year – Technology
- Prime Therapeutics, Eagen, MN U.S.A. - Best New Consumer Service of the Year
- JuE Wong, CEO of StriVectin, New York, NY U.S.A. - Female Executive of the Year - Consumer Products
- Ffyona Dawber, CEO of Synergy Vision Ltd, London, United Kingdom - Female Entrepreneur of the Year - Business Services
- IBM, Armonk, NY U.S.A. - Online Marketing Campaign of the Year
- Justine Curtis, CEO of Inspired Adventures, Darlinghurst, NSW Australia - Female Entrepreneur of the Year in Asia, Australia or New Zealand
- Propeller Resources, Portland, OR U.S.A. - Startup of the Year
- Christina Smedley, VP Global Brand and Communications with PayPal, San Francisco, CA U.S.A. - Female Executive of the Year - Consumer Services
The 2014 Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award winners reflect a diverse group of large and small organizations from around the globe. Organizations that won more than one Gold Stevie Award include Accenture, Bitsy’s Brainfood, Dubai Police General HQ, LLORENTE & CUENCA, MWW, Nerium International, Newberry Executive Solutions, LLC, and Xceed Financial Credit Union. For a complete list of Stevie Award winners and more information, visit www.StevieAwards.com/Women.
Entries for the 2015 edition of the awards will open next May.