- Burkina Faso’s football teams provide sports, leisure, and education to children and adults
- The women’s football team was removed due to lack of material and funding, and Jaleo jumped in to help rebuild the women’s team
- Jaleo helped coordinate the complete and successful renewal of the women’s team
About Jaleo! Sports & Human Events
Jaleo is an event planning agency working around the globe.
In Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, the Santos FC football club provides the city with sports, leisure, and education. However, due to the lack of material, logistics, and human resources, the Burkinabe club decided to remove all the women’s teams. When the situation reached the ears of Jaleo through their association with Burkinabe of Barcelona, Jaleo took it upon themselves to find a football club to help recover the women’s teams of Santos FC.
After intense meetings between the two Burkinabe clubs, Jaleo organized a football tournament with FC Martinenc, the women’s football team. In March of 2019, Jaleo collected sports equipment and financial funds to send to the team with the goal of rebuilding the women’s team and providing them with essentials.
Jaleo’s efforts resulted in:
- ½ ton of material sent to Burkina Faso
- €2,250+ raised by crowdfunding
- Valuable mass media appearances
- Barcelona City Council assistance
- Promotion of the event through the Catalan Football Federation
Jaleo! Sports & Human Events won a Silver Stevie for Company / Organization Categories - Company of the Year - Advertising, Marketing, & Public Relations - Small and a Bronze Stevie for Corporate Communications, Investor Relations, & Public Relations Categories - Communications Professional of the Year in The 2020 International Business Awards®.
Interested in The 2021 International Business Awards?